Thursday, December 13, 2007

Response to “Live and Let Die” by Joseph

Hey Joseph, I completely agree with you on the death penalty issue. I did not know so much money went to cases resulting in execution. I originally oppose the death penalty and now, with that fact in mind, I oppose it even more. It is ridiculous to spend those huge sums on people who are not even worth it. All that money can be better spent giving it out to students as financial aid and grants. I have the same exact opinion as you preferring life in jail than a painless death for criminals. When criminals are executed, their "suffering" ends there. We are actually doing them a favor by not having them pay for what they did for the rest of their lives. On the contrary, life in prison takes away what people love the most: Freedom and loved ones. Not only that, but in jail, they will actually pay for their crime by living in misery for the rest of their lives.

No comments: